Sunday, April 3, 2011

Wardrobe Birthday card!!


You all must have see this type of card.. i just liked the look of them a lot!! So, for my sister's birthday i decided to make this card. This is such a pretty card, and since my sister is very retro chic (no pinks for her) i thought the color was perfect. Here it is--



Its paper piecing again i dont know why lately i am totally into it. So, i drew a rough template free hand and then cut out the pieces with the pattern paper and use foam tape to add dimension. I added the LBD as my sis is the LBD kinda gurl! and the black clutch to match its so her.
I made the dress and the clutch he same way , i drew out the dress and cut t out of a black card-stock and then glued 1" black satin ribbon over it then added the black lace to make the skirt portion. I left the top as is. Added the cream ribbon around the waist to give it some shape and added the flower ( which is originally an earing).
For the clutch i cut out a lil' rectangle and added some foam tape to the front and then wrapped the satin ribbon around it. I then cut a 2 inch piece of the ribbon and folded one end like u make dog-ears to pages to get that triangle shape. And glued to the top to make a sort of flap and added the bling.
I also made the tiny metal hanger you see its pretty easy and actually takes a minute to make!! i promise i will show it to you all how i did it!!to finish the card i added some beads which actually luked like knobs i was very happy i had those in my stash.. And lastly stuck on the clutch and the LBD and it was done>

I am planning to put up this card for the following challenges


Hope you guys like my little card!!
ciao
Ash

23 comments:

  1. Very beautiful :) Love the cute little purse and the dress....gorgeousness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed! How creative can you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fantastic card, just love it! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning card. So many little details just make it perfect. Bet you sis will be thrilled to get this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh u are really amazing!! this is totally outta the world creativity. u call everything easy when i cant imagine also :P

    Your sisters gonna flip on this one!!

    Karuna
    PS i have blog candy going one :) Hop over :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a mind blowing card! Love it to bits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! this is totally brilliant! LOVE this! Such tiny cutie details! SUPERB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is super and so different, Thanks for sharing and playing along on Ellephantastic this month, Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow..this is awesome!! So different and cool. I am totally waiting for a tutorial on that tiny hanger...love it.

    P.S. Saw your message about the craft stores in Pune. I stay in Pune, if you need any information let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow!.. its really really pretty!.. love the lace!.. and the purse is soo cute! :)
    Oh.. and I'm in Delhi.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is stunning!! mindblowing!! You really need to do a tutorial on these things!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing superb awesome mind blowing, wow.I saw ur blog u r a fabulous artist

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just awesome,love all the details:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. superb fabulous card n hats off to your creativity,great great great...!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! this is fantastic! Love the idea and it looks wonderful! Very classy. Thanks for taking part in the Ellephantastic challenge this month.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fantastic! So many details and so very original! :) Super!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW...that is an amazing card, very beautiful! I am a new follower. Would love for you to visit my blog.

    Arlene.
    http://waterdots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a fabulous shaped card. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this month. Hugs Helen x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a fabulous card.I am glad I discovered your blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget