Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Window Box - Spring Card!!


Hey guys ... this week almost all the challenges had something to do with flowers and butterflies.. So, i left my vintage style to do something quite the opposite.
For a while now i wanted to a window box card and since i am into paper peicing these days i though why not.. So, before you see my card i will show a pic i d/w from the internet as my inspiration, because i wanted to do a really real looking window and window box!!



Isn't this absolutely gorgeous!! And here is my card.....



So, every detail you see is hand cut. I designed a template for myself and then cut up the pieces all free hand, the drawing and cutting!! I justused dimensional tape between each layer. And used an acetate sheet for the glass pane. I used some beautiful lace for the curtains and just messed around till i was happy with the look and taped them down.



To construct the flowers i punched them out and shaped them and layered them. The leaves you see are bought they are simple velvet leaves with stems. I shaped the leaves and had them glued first. Then i filled it up with the flowers i added the vines in the end.. The butterflies are actually bought from a local sewing store, they are plastic, so i just folded them at the center and glued them wherever i liked.. I just loved the butterflies they were perfect with the color scheme of this card.
I have to say i had a lotta fun making this card but it has a lot of skill involved and it took me an entire day to get done..
I just love this card, its definitely one of my favorites and it does look like that window doesn't it???

So, here are the challenges this baby is gonna be up for :-

The Shabby Tea Room - Flower Palette
Ellephantastic Challenges - Beautiful with a butterfly
Scrappy Frogs Challenge - Flowers and Lace
Totally Gorjuss - Spring is sprung
Alota Rubber Stamps - St. Patrick's Day

I hope you all like my card, if you do, do drop me some love.....

Ciao
Ash

26 comments:

  1. Oh my, how beautiful is this! So much work has obviously gone into it. No wonder it took a day to create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful work of art!! I love the flowers and the depth of the card and the ribbon behind :-)Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creation this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My!! your window card is absolutely stunning!! It actually looks like a real window!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning really! Looks like the whole day that you spent on it is worth it. Quite the piece of art here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Your flowers are stunning! Thanks for joining in at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great take on the photo, amazing work Thank you for sharing with us at Ellephantastic
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely stunning. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!! love the white on white with the flowers!! super super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG this is so absolutely gorgeous!! the lace peeping frm the window is lovely and so is everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh how lovely, so fresh & different. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this month hugs x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Gorgeous Gal!!!!Loved the window,its soooo realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! Stunning, the window is gorgeous and those flowers are beautiful! Thanks for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just one word to describe the card.. WOW!.. soo totally fab!.. love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable...so pretty! GREAT WORK!!!

    Thank for participating in the Alota Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! How fabulous. Love the lace window treatment.
    Kindest regards,
    Jennifer Ferrell

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow,this is gorgeous.Love the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome. I had to look twice as the first photo looked like a light in the window but it is the flash off your camera!!! What a delightful creation full of amazing detail.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol :O}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow you have captured the pic perfectely, it may have took youu awhile to do but its certainly worthwhile as its amazingly beautiful. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is an incredible project - so creative and beautifully done!
    Sharon G.
    Celticrafter

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You made some good points there. I did a search on the topic and found most people will agree with your blog.

    paxil

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for entering your project in the CMIT April contest. I hope you will continue to follow the blog and make more entries in the future. This project was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You do such amazing work. The window card is just beautiful. I am glad I found you blog on pinterest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just beautiful. You're teaching me patience. If It can't finish a project in 2 hours I' m ready to throw it out the window.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget