Thursday, March 24, 2011

PINUP GIRL: GO POSTAL CARD!!


This week Daring cardmakers has a really cool challenge -- GOING POSTAL !! So, obviously i thought VINTAGE!! I mean it had so so much scope to ideate and innovate i went bonkers . It was so much fun trying to plan this card .. although without most of my supplies it took me like forever to make it.

I based the card around the postcard and the pinup girl.. I actually made the postcard on Photoshop and just printed it and then coffee stained it. I decoupaged the pinup girl image.. I inked the edges of my based cardstock the white mat for the PP. The background PP was plain black so i scrunched it and sanded it to get the really grudged look.Added some really cool metal flowers and then added the bling in the center to make them pop!! I have two different laces on there both originally white i stained the lace on the bottom with coffee again .. Added the huge charm and finished it with little seed beads in the center.
I matted the postcard on white cardstock, then i distressed with scissors (which can be very tricky if your not careful). Because i thought the postcard need a mat.
I am entering my card for

Hope you all like my card i wsh the photo of had come out better still learning to use my new camera...
ciao
ash

5 comments:

  1. Wow this card is fabulous - thanks for sharing it with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous image! I love the colours and the textures! very creative! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. do visit me at http://rominascreativecrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the vintage style...gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget