Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GIRL POWER ARTIST TRADING CARDS !!

Normally I could just lay back and relax and get lazy but so much free time I got super bored… but the only problem is I am away and separated from all my lovely craft equipment…Not to mention the fact that as I blogwalking down all your lovely blogs I get so so jealous and jus itch to do some crafting… So to cut a long story short I went out bought myself the basic tools and mind you the most basic!! Like scissors, ruler, a paper cutter some stationary and some ordinary paper and tried to figure out how to make things work…
Well it was a bit impossible to make cards immediately (I don’t know any craft stores here) so I tried to start with something smaller a few weeks back I had spotted a very cool Indian ATC swap site and I jumped .. But with the moving and packing (moving permanently lock stock and barrel that’s why craft stuff is packed) I couldn't participate, but now I thought why not and the current theme is super cool “GIRL POWER” so I was very excited to participate.
Artist Trading Cards (or ATCs) are miniature works of art. 2 ½ X 3 ½ inches (63 mm X 89 mm), small enough to fit inside standard card-collector pockets, sleeves or sheets. Cards are produced in various media, including dry media (pencils, pens, markers, etc.), wet media (watercolor, acrylic paints, etc.), paper media (in the form of collage, paper cuts, found objects, etc.) or even metals or cloth. The cards are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold.
So, here are the two I created ( we were supposed to create two this month).
I used this green cardstock becos this is the only color that I found at the local stationer… I layered two pieces each of 2.5”x3.5” and 2.4x3.4. Then since I don’t have any equipment I kept it simple and did a bit of paper piecing for the girls. I love to work with silhouette and think they look super chic.. The lil embellishments are actually earrings which cost me Rs 5 each pair, the little flower and the slippers, can you believe it!! I just broke off the stumps in the back which was fairly easy too.
The silhouette have been cut from black velvet paper they are quite messy to work with as they tend to shed little flecks. I added a little bit of bling for interest also it had to be girly girly. The back of the ATC is very important no printer around for easy access so I used a stencil and did the entire thing by hand. So, I am off to mail them to Rachna and I just can’t wait to see the ATC I will receive.. ooooo so so excited You guys must visit her here

Hope you guys liked my work..
Ciao

5 comments:

  1. wow these are just stunning, so classy and stylish..I really love the flower in her hair, it really makes it pop!

    Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb work i m really addicted to your blog n read it once b4 goin to bed.......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card...also love the window card..it's gorgeous! I'm now a follower of your site! Please stop by mine when you get a chance...thanks!

    I've posted up blog surfer links on my page. It's a great way make followers and find new blogs for inspiration and idea.

    http://www.CreateMePink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely Cards.The silhouette effect has been done so perfectly. Kudos to you.
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    ENT Surgeon and Avid Crafter
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i m new follower of ur blog. it is realy superb i like all cards.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget