Monday, March 28, 2011

BABY VINTAGE CARD!!


You all know i love vintage!! This week on City Crafter's Challenge the theme was BABY, BUTTONS & BOWS!! I Just had to do it vintaged..lol!! I cant help myself...



I actually used a very heavy cardstock for the base so i couldn't get it to fold naturally, hence, what i have here is 2 peices the same size and have holes punched through them . I used the black ribbon to thread through the holes and made the bows.. It will make a perfect card for a baby boy and subsequently it can be taken apart and used in a mini... I think that would be great..

I just love this baby image dont you? I decided to do a bit of paper piecing.. So i had 4 sets of the image and cut them up. I shaped them with my embossing tool and used dimensionals to make them pop.. As you can see in this pic all the layers of the baby..

The pp is a lovely pale blue and you can see its a bit crinkled and distressed well it was that way. i inked the edges and adhered them. I used some really lovely black cotton lace and added the white ribbon.. The button is actually a vintage button so its faded and all lovely blue that went perfectly with the color scheme of the card..

I added some white lace through the button hole and used a pin.. I was pressed for time or i would have luved too add a lil charm to the safety pin.. doesn't it luk so vintage!! I bout a set of 10 in both silver and black just for Rs.10!!

Hence i am entering this card for


So, i hope you like my card!! Enjoy!!
ciao
Ash



6 comments:

  1. This is very vintage and so unique ... love the lace details ... thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute, love the black lace and big button, love the non-traditional colors, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweetie.... Thanks for stopping by & letting us know u r game for it too... Simple! Just follow the links to ICR from the post u commented on & that would let u join & then u can take it from there.... Hope to catch u there.... :)

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceancihope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow !1love d new look !!the card is lovely too !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget