Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mom's B'Day Card

Feels like i had been gone a really long time and i think i was. I was sadly down with viral fever and totally bed-ridden and strictly under a lotta medication. So, it took me a long time to recover and thankfully i feel much better now. When i was sick i was in no mood to do any thing even craft!! i was really amazed at myself . Well mom's birthday came along just at the right time to get me back on track . I have really missed my blog and all my wonderful blog-frens and followers and blog walking all day and the wonder full comments you guys give me...

So, here is the card i created for my maa!!


Maa just loves PINK so it had to be a pink card for her!! She loves frilly lacy delicate and just everything out of a fairy book !! So, i had to ditch my old shabby chic and vintagy ways lol... and go down the pink road... As you can see i couldn't do everything in pink i just couldnt!!

The card stock is cream and the pp is a pink gift wrapping paper actually which has this gorgeous copper leaves embossed on it. I don't know why after my Alice in Wonderland card i am stuck on this step up card. I looks so gorgeous and the card just becomes a centre piece!! Well i cut the heart using a Shilpi Heart template cutter and added some die cut flourishes i cut on my sizzix. And added some ceramic roses i just love these things and they were perfect for this card. The oval tag i hand cut and i added pearl silver paper on both the heart and the tag and inked the edges wid red ink also the pp before i adhered them. I stenciled the sentiments wid my white gel pen.. and added some pearls and lace and a piece of silver ribbon to provide aesthetic balance...

The cream and copper flower is from itsy-bitsy!! It was like magic all the embellishments and the paper just went together with each other like a dream.. i made the card like in an hour wid zero planning or layout!! So, it was fun...

I hope my maa likes it ... and i hope you guys too..

lotsa love

ciao

Ash

5 comments:

  1. glad ur back!.. and omg!.. its wow!.. love the colours and all the embellishments!.. wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a beautiful piece. Your maa must have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! This card is a stunner. I'm sure your maa loved it :-) It is just the right bit of pink!! :-) Gorgeous gorgeous embellishments too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is so pretty! its been a long time since this post..hope you're better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET CARD REaaly...super cool

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget