I am so excited as well as thrilled as i am the guest DT for the first ever Indian Card Challenge CraftyJC Challenge. Thank you Jaya!! This is my first time ever as a DT. and i was a lil' nervous.
The sponsor for this challenge is Karen's Doodles who is an amazing artist and has some really amazing stamps. Check out her blog . The winner of this month's challange wil get 3 digital stamps of their choice. Simply wow!! The theme of this months Challenge is "Be Inspired" and Boy was i inspired!! Hee hee... So, here is my inspiration straight outta a fairytale book!! Although Strictly speaking it is a movie poster of the movie on an all time classic and my personal favourite book "Alice in Wonderland".To be honest this is such a wonderful challenge with so much potential and "Alice" theme being sucha hot favourite wid crafters these days. But i felt at many times i had bitten more than i can chew because the card became really very intricate and complicated. That's so me i have a tendency to get carried away wid my projects and get too ambitious. My actual dilemma was i had guests over and no time atall to craft. So i still feel i could have done more wid the card but still here it is......It is a Step card. The base card stock is black. All the images you see are digital and i colored them using my Watercolour pencils. Then, i felt they were too bright for the pattern paper i had chosen. So , as usual i opted for Vintage (i so loveee vintage). Here, i used tea bag staining technique to age the images so. I hand cut the grass and the tree you see in the back. The entire card looks like a vintage pop-up story book. And that was the look i was aiming for but i still feel i could have done some more!!
Here, is the card in detail so you can understand its construction a bit better!!
This is a sketch of the basic card structure. You can always change the measurements as per your desire. This is the beauty of this card the possibilities are limitless.
- Card stock Black and white 12"x12"
- Digital image/s
- Watercolour pencils
- Aqua brush
- Glue, glue dots, foam adhesive(dimensionals)
- Patterned paper
- A tea bag and some warm water
- Stationary like scissors, pencil, scale, paper trimmer, scoring board,
- Blow dryer
- Print out what ever images you want on the white card stock and paint them using our colour pencils, use the aqua brush to blend the colours. Cut them out.
- Soak a tea bag in some warm water and gently dab on the images, blow dry between coats. Give as many coats as u need to obtain the desired stain.
- Using the above sketch as reference create your basic card structure from the black card stock.
- Cut the pattern paper and layer the front of the card.
- Cut out a skeleton tree using the black card stock as well
- Add the images using dimensionals
- Add any embellishments if desired
- I didn't add any embellishments, but i just cut some coordinating pp to look like grass and scrunched the edges wid my nails to give them dimension and added a tag and the door frame.
Just a little note:
- If you are inspired by my inspiration, you are free to use any card construct and image related to Alice in wonderland even a quote will do.
- You can also base your card on Alice. the Mad hatter, The Cheshire cat, The Red Queen, The Blue worm, The white rabbit or any other character from the book
- When you enter your card pls add your inspirational image also .
- Your creation should be unique and new.
- Link it to the blog CraftyJc Challenge 3:Be inspired