Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shabby Chic: Slider Card

This month the new challenge on CraftyJc Challenge is a Yummy Challenge Recipe
The ingredients are
  1. Patterned Paper
  2. Colours :- Pink and Brown
  3. Embellishments

So immediately i thought SHABBY CHIC!! And to add to the fun, the challenge for Scrappy Frogs Challenge blog is SLIDER CARDS. So the heroic effort of marrying the two challenges turned out to be a CHALLENGE indeed!! Hence, i combined only two challenges any more and it would have been a mess so here is my card...

TA-DA!!

About the card i took some coppery brown handmade paper and constructed the basic slider card base. I punched the entire card with my scalloped scallop punch!!(lol! tats a mouth full). Next i split the front of the card into two and added patterned paper which is pink tissue with leaf motifs on it. Added the punch and eyelets and twined ribbon through it. Stamped "wedding" and added some bling . On the larger front half i a piece of a map i had aged using coffee staining and burnt edges. I added a strip of paper ribbon i inked to match the satin ribbon. I love this image of the vintage lady so so elegant . I inked the edges wid brown ink and lastly added a flower which i also inked brown to go with the colour scheme. Originally the flower was white and made of plastic fiber , it took a lotta coats of ink but i hav discovered how to work id my inks (finally) even on stubborn surfaces like plastic and metal.

The inside:- the slider mechanism i used plastic bag as the band . The base is pink card stock i punched using my doily punch and inked it wid red ink. Then the top i used the same patterned paper punch the edges and inked in brown. I punched the two butterflies on the top layer and then punched two out of the pink card stock. Inked them added a lil' bling and added them in the negative space of the punch. Added some bling flowers.

I have to admit this card took me a lotta time to finish as i kept on improvising as i went along although i had planned the layout to begin with.

7 comments:

  1. this is gorgeous Ashmita... u r a total 'vintagy luk' pro...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb,awesome,stunning.Everything is just perfect.Fine detailing,so much effort.I like n love it.Gd. going dear.Keep it up.
    Hugs
    Sudha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunnin! What a lot of detail! Phew!!
    I love the vintage images you use. They add a lot of chic glam :) Great card!
    Thanks for playing along at CraftyJC Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so gorgeous! I do love the vintage look...love the detail with the eyelets and the ribbon and the flower is just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Totally amazing! Thanks for joining us at Scrappy Frogs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a great card and you are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love vintage cards.... & this is perfectly convincing..... Kudos!!!! Thanks for joining us at CraftyJC Yummilicious challenge :)

    Ash....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget