Friday, August 6, 2010

SHABBY CHIC : DISTRESSED CARD

Been away too long from the blog, well had a really busy social calender. lol! Any way but craft is always on the top of my mind i even think in craft-ology!! if it makes any sense, when i am not crafting i keep thinking about projects. It takes me a lotta time to get my projects done thats cos i plan n think n re-think n it goes on, til i get the result i like. lol!!
I am in love wid VINTAGE i lovveee the shabby chic look isnt it awesome !! I have been thinking of making a couple of minis but havent found the right paper, here in India its a bit tough to get . But guess what i then came across some really gorgeous paper(wil do a haul video) and all made by an Indian paper Co. 100% organic recycled cotton all in the shabby chic vintage look .. OH!! i nearly fainted.
Any way getting too the card Simon says Challenge this week has a song inspiration challengeand my song is TRUE COLOURS BY CINDY LAUPER i love that song !! And Alota Rubber Stamps at the same time came up wid the Distress Challenge so here is my card where i tried to combine the two :-

I used my postcard patterned paper on a navy blue card stock my card is a 5.5"x 8". I tore the edges and then inked them. Then added some eyelets and wove a ribbon, and layered a white silk lace at the bottom of the tear to add interest. The photo i printed on some hand made paper and the reason it looks so vintagy is the secret in my paper the texture and the color gives it that effect (hehe ;-) !!) I distressed the edges of the photo and added a heart shaped bead to it.


The brown paper u see underneath is a map i aged using staining technique and burnt the edges, i added the velvet petal (as i am not a flower stampsperson!!) i stamped on wid some text stamps to give it an interesting look. I added the lil bouquets which i bought readymade at my local craft store. The butterfly is a feather butterfly was in the wrong colour so i dyed it using some blue ink and then wiped off using a baby wipe.
At the bottom u see the a black cotton lace which i layered under a dangly charm lace(I jus luv 'em!!) I also added some bling and stamped ITS YOUR DAY(its barely vissible tho). Hope u like my card Its unconventional no pink or plum but thats how i am, i like blue and m not a pink person i think it works great here!! enjoy

If you want instructions post a comment i wil b happy to do a video..

The challenges i am entering this card are:

Alotta Stamps:- Distressed Card


Simon Says Challenge :- Sing it baby

3 comments:

  1. Awww Lovely Card,with lots and lots of nice details....


    Thank's for participating in Alot 'Distress' challenge!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god!!!!!! this is so so gorgeous... loads of effort and detailing must hve gone into it and it surely shows... great work girl... just a small curiosity... where in india r u based?

    love
    Shalini
    www.craftcurry.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness this is just toooo gorgeous! I love all the gorgeous elements and details, especially the way you have the ribbon laced up and all the fab gold edging, such a stunning creation! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget