Monday, July 26, 2010

ENTRY FOR SIMON SAYS CHALLENGE

This is my entry for the Simon says card Challenge. Every wednesday of each week they post a new challenge and any one can partcipate, they have such fun and innovative challenges. Also their DT are so talented and they create such amazing cards... This my first attempt at participating in their challenge.. with my fingers crossed here goes nothing.


This card is a weding themed sorta card with the bright Indian wedding colour pallete and offcourse the traditional peacock. All the paper used are organic handmade paper. They are not branded , but they are all gorgeous. I did some mixed media with the wire branch and some velvet leaves and added some flower buttons. I added some ribbon and a some sequins for embellishments. At the bottom i added a ribbon with danggling sequin charms , i love to add such stuff to my projects as they jiggle and move and add charm to the projects.I stamped the peacock and cut it out and used demensionals to give it a 3d effect. It was a lotta of fun making this card .. enjoy...

The red and gold patterned peice you see below the peacock is not paper its silk brocade, I have developed a simple technique to transfer it on paper and it looks absolutely brilliant, you can use it like paper and trim and cut into any shape. It adds a real ornate look to the card making it very ethnic looking.
The pic didnt come out so well, i am still learning to photograph!!

6 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderfull card, this indian style i love it
    Antje from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Beautiful Peacock and red sparkles!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow I love the colours and bling on this creation! It is just stunning! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your card is gorgeous. I love the bright colors and gorgeous accents. Your take on the sketch is fantastic. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget